MockMUN is an afternoon-long conference simulation taking place over two sessions, the 29th of May from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM and the 5th of June from 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM, in the Lycée International de Ferney-Voltaire.
Students participate as delegates, committee chairs, translators, or members of the press team. There are 4 committees with different issues and a simulation of the ICJ.
The overall theme of MockMUN 2019 is:
Guaranteeing the security of humanity.
Committees and issues
- General Assembly: International cooperation in preventing cyber-terrorism
Chairs: BONAZZI Estela, BORIE Raphaëlle, CLARET-TOURNIER Aurélie, COURT Rémy
- Human Rights Council: Improving the treatment and security of refugees in refugee camps
Chairs: DEBIT Inès, GAUTHIER Clément, Hermann Gomez Charles, PAUWELYN Marit
- Security Council: Regulating nuclear weapons to guarantee collective security
Chairs: DEBIONNE Victoire, KISS Alexandre, NICOLET Maxence, PUECH Jeanne
- UNESCO: Responsible preservation of World Heritage Sites
Chairs: SAUGNAC Diego, SHARP Julian, TANGUY Mailis, TROWBRIDGE Maxine
- ICJ: Application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide: Myanmar vs. Bangladesh
Chairs: GUIBERT Aénor, KOROBITSYNA Sofya, VICTOR Paul, VUITTON Nils
As MockMUN reflects the values of FerMUN, including bilingualism, it is important that all participants do their best to speak both English and French during the debates. The translators are here to help facilitate this bilingual environment. There will also be a side event dedicated to simultaneous interpretation.
Opening Ceremony: Agora
General Assembly: 302
Security Council: 309
Press team: 202
2:00 PM – 2:15 PM : Opening Ceremony
2:15 PM – 2:45 PM : Lobbying
2:45 PM – 3:45 PM : Debates in session
3:45 PM – 4:40 PM : Staggered break
– ICJ : 3:45 PM – 4:00 PM
– GA : 3:55 PM – 4:10 PM
– SC : 4:05 PM – 4:20 PM
– HRC : 4:15 PM – 4:30 PM
– UNESCO : 4:25 PM – 4:40 PM
4:00 PM – 5:30 PM : Debates in session